OPA Online Petroleum Academy & Lebanon Gas & Oil invite you to "Exploration Risk Prize: The Story of Zohr" Online Webinar.
The Zohr field is believed to be the largest-ever gas discovery in Egypt and the Mediterranean. The integrated approach that eni has taken with this project has enabled Egypt to bring the gas on stream just over two years from the initial discovery; a record for this type of deposit.
- Date: May 18, 2020.
- Time: 04:00 PM to 05:15 PM (Lebanon Timing).
- Place: Online Webinar (Zoom) & Live on Facebook.
- Registration: Click HERE - https://forms.gle/N4fNCs3iBjUzoSeR8
Meet our speaker: Dr. Ahmed Salah is the General Manager ,Premier Egypt.
Dr. Ahmed's Education:
- B.Sc. in geology, Ain Shams University, Cairo, Egypt, 1980.
- M.Sc. in Petrophyscis, Ain Shams University, Cairo, Egypt, 2001.
- Ph.D. in Petrophyscis, Ain Shams University, Cairo, Egypt, 2009.
Dr. Ahmed's Career:
- Former vice chairman for agreements and exploration, Egyptian natural gas holding company (EGAS), responsible for promoting Agreements and Exploration in the Mediterranean Sea and Nile Delta in the Egyptian economic water, (2016-2017).
- Exploration general manager, Belayim Petroleum Company and Petroshorouk company (JV for developing Zohr discovery), (2016).
- He worked for Egyptian Petroleum Research Institute for 3 years as Assistant Lecturer, (1995-1998).
- He joined Core Lab International for 9 years and his last position was lab manager, (1985-1995).
- Worked with Egyptian Geological Survey of Egypt as field geologist, (1984-1985).
Has been awarded two times in the MOC, 2010 and 2014.
For further information, please contact us at: